It’s not so long ago when I discovered this amazingly soothing tea. I don’t usually drink unsweetened tea but among those I’ve tried, peppermint successfully tickled my taste buds.
I’ll tell you why I personally like peppermint more than the rest:
Aroma. The smell clearly tells how delightful the tea flavor is. The peppermint aroma invades the entire room and it’s so relaxing. I’m very picky with tea, the stronger the aroma the better.
Taste. Peppermint tea isn’t too strong or bitter like other varieties — it’s just right. It saves me from making bitter facial expressions every time I take a sip. LOL. Kidding aside, we all have different tastes. Mine just happen to suit well with peppermint.
Soothing effect. Peppermint tea has a metholated taste which I like best. However, not all peppermint tea taste the same. I tried this one brand that is not aromatic and has no metholated flavor. It wasn’t so bad but I wasn’t satisfied so I stick with other brands.
Digestion. I drinkpeppermint tea as often as everyday, usually after lunch when I feel bloated. It helpsease discomfort after I finish a cup.
Focus. I feel more focused when I drink peppermint tea while working. It’s not like coffee that keeps me awake but it helps me think better.
Enough of my personal opinions about peppermint tea. Let’s get real with 7 facts about peppermint:
- Peppermint leaves have been an herbal medicine used by the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans thousands of years ago.
- It is a natural muscle relaxant that helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- It has antioxidants and antibacterial properties that boost the immune system.
- It is a good skin cleansing agent. It helps increase estrogen levels that heals acne.
- It relaxes intestines, muscles and digestive tract. It’s a good natural remedy for digestive issues including bloating, cramping and indigestion.
- It enhances memory. A study show that peppermint aroma help keep students alert and focused when studying.
- It helps remove bad breath. In fact, peppermint leaves were pulverized in the Middle Ages to clean and whiten teeth.
I personally recommend Twinings Pure Peppermint Tea. I chose it because of its strong relaxing aroma and cooling taste I really like.
I encouraged grandma to try it too and she liked it! We share a pack from time to time.
A pack costs around 250 – 270PHP or 5+USD (20 pcs). If you’re up for a healthy and relaxing drink, I recommend that you try it too. If you do, tell me how you find it.
Is there a tea flavor you like best? I’d love to know. Share your thoughts in the comments below.