[Photos by: (Me) Earle Hatsumy; Doughnuts made by Mom]
Mum and I have been meaning to make our own version of Krispy Kreme’s Glazed Doughnut. We came up with an easy peasy recipe of a scrumptious homemade glazed doughnut.
Here’s what you need:
- Active dry yeast (3 teaspoons)
- whole milk, heated (1 cup )
- Melted butter
- Bread flour (4 cups)
- Large eggs (3 pcs)
- Granulated sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Vegetable oil for frying (4 cups)
1) In a medium bowl, pour sugar to warm milk, then add yeast. Stir until yeast starts to bubble. Rest in a warm place for 30 mins.
2) In a separate bowl, beat eggs and pour into melted butter. Stir. Pour egg/butter mixture into sugar/milk/yeast mixture. Stir using electric mixer.
3) Add flour and salt to the mixture. If the dough is too wet, add flour 2 tablespoon at a time until it no longer sticks to the bowl. Let it sit until it doubles in size.
4) Roll the dough in a floured surface. Cut and shape as you please.
5) Cover the dougnhuts with plastic wrap and place in a warm room for 40 minutes until they are puffed.
6) Put oil in a pot and heat for 15 minutes. Fry doughnuts into the oil until golden brown.
7) Put dougnuts on paper towel to drain the oil. Let it cool.
- Confectioners sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- Milk or water (3 to 4 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract (2 teaspoons, optional)
- Food color (optional)
1) Mix confectioners sugar to water or milk. Pour vanilla extract and a drop of food color and mix.
2) Dip doughnuts into the glaze as soon as they’re cool enough.